The past two days have been spent traveling. In the process, I have come up with some road trip necessities, especially after dealing with torrential downpours and traffic stops.
- Understand your GPS. There is nothing worse than traveling the wrong direction because you don’t know how to correctly use it! Thankfully, that did not happen to us.
- Be sure to stay alert. Make sure you are well-rested or highly caffeinated.
- Bring snacks for unexpected traffic stops! Hard candies are great; just don’t choke on them.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Traveling is no reason to not drink your H2O!
- Take breaks. Stop when needed, and use the opportunity to stretch and fill up on gas. It would be horrible to run out of gas when stuck in traffic.
- Enjoy the ride!