Good morning, everyone!
I don’t know about you, but I am so over this cold winter weather. I’m looking forward to the day when the temperature reaches 50 degrees! Needless to say, I may be regretting my decision to leave the Sunshine State and come back to the Midwest. 😉
Since I am constantly freezing, I do whatever I can to try to stay warm. For dinner a few nights ago, this delicious Italian turkey sausage tortellini soup hit the spot. This soup is tasty and simple; the hardest step is browning meat.
Italian Turkey Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 4 cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 9 oz spinach tortellini
- Brown turkey sausage with garlic and onions in a large pot. Drain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up to tortellini.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer 15 more minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!