I am so happy the weather has finally warmed up in the Midwest! Going outside without wearing a jacket definitely makes me smile. I can finally run outside consistently again!
While reading some of my favorite blogs this morning, I found this fun running survey. So, here are the questions and my answers. Enjoy!
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon?
I ran my first marathon (26.2 miles) in January at Walt Disney World! I surprisingly had a lot of fun running in it. However, a marathon is a huge time commitment. I would definitely choose to run a 5k, since I could sign up to run one even if the race was just a week away! If I was basing this answer on personal satisfaction, I would choose to run a marathon. I felt so accomplished and unstoppable after crossing that finish line!
2. Would you rather run in the heat of summer or the icy winter?
I choose the heat of summer over the icy winter! As much as I heat overheating, I hate being cold more. After the horrible winter, I am so thankful for heat!
3. Would you rather have new running shoes or a new running outfit?
A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes! Running shoes can be very pricey, so I would rather have an extra pair ready to break in. My feet and knees always let me know when it’s time for new shoes.
4. Would you rather run alone or in a group?
I enjoy running alone for the majority of my runs. I love the quiet time I have to myself, and I don’t have to worry about how fast or slow I am going. Sometimes running in a group can be fun, and I much prefer to run long runs with others. Have you ever tried to motivate yourself to run 20 miles? I have, and I wasn’t successful.
5. Would you rather run next to someone in a race who tries to talk to you constantly or someone who breathes heavy and grunts?
I would much rather run next to someone who tries to talk to me! I really cannot stand listening to people breath loudly and then I start to worry about why they seem to be struggling to breath. At least, I would know the person constantly talking is doing alright, and when the race gets tough, hopefully she would have some good stories to distract me with. Who knows, maybe I would make a new running friend!
6. Would you rather run a race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
I love my runDisney races! I can’t say they are the most affordable or convenient, but nothing compares to a runDisney race. I don’t run for the swag but for the entire experience. I could go on and on about how much I love runDisney!
7. Would you rather run a race with a group of friends or by yourself?
I would rather run a race with friends. I usually run races with my mom, so she counts as a friend, right?
8. Would you rather run a PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR?
I am not a very competitive person, so I would definitely finish strong and not PR than run a PR and hurt myself. I do have a few time goals in mind for my upcoming half marathons, but whether or not I push to make them will depend on my training.
9. Would you rather eat a big meal the night before or a big meal after a race?
Wait, I have to choose? I love to eat pasta the night before the race and then splurge at dinner after the race.
10. Would you rather be chased by a swarm of bees or a pack of dogs?
Oh my goodness, I cannot even think about either of these happening. I am absolutely terrified of bees, and loose dogs scare me. I am not sure how I would handle either one of these situations. I would definitely look to my surroundings for help. I would prefer neither of these situations. What a terrible last question!
Answer any of the questions in the comment box below. 🙂