Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal! I love preparing a nourishing breakfast, sitting down with a large cup of coffee and taking time to really in enjoy it.
During the week, my mornings tend to be a little extremely rushed, so this isn’t possible on a daily basis. Getting behind schedule is too easy, especially if I hit the snooze button an extra time or two.
Monday through Friday, I am all about efficiency and ease. This French toast scramble is so simple. I can have it ready in about five minutes, making it perfect for my busy mornings! Most of the flavor comes from the cinnamon raisin bread.
French Toast Scramble
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread (I like Ezekiel.)
- 1 egg, 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Optional topping suggestions: maple agave syrup, bananas, almond butter
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, and preheat on medium-high.
- Mix egg + egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla in bowl.
- Break cinnamon raisin bread into 2 inch pieces and drop into egg mixture.
- Dump everything into skillet, flipping frequently.
- Drizzle with agave syrup and almond butter then top with bananas. Enjoy!
*If running short on time, place French toast scramble in a bowl, grab a fork and run out the door!
**If running really short on time but you still have to have this, omit the bowl and put everything in the skillet from the start. Just mix even more with the spatula. Make it work.
Let me know what you think.
What is your favorite breakfast to make in the morning?