Hi-ho, hi-ho, it’s back to work we go! Can we always have three-day weekends? They are simply the best! Plus, a four-day workweek always goes by so quickly.
I hope you all had a great and relaxing Labor Day Weekend! My weekend was so much fun! My mom and I went to Disneyland to participate in the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. Look out for my trip report this week.
Fluffy Protein Pancakes
I always like to start my day off with something delicious for breakfast. Whether it is savory oatmeal or a veggie-packed
omelet scramble, I make it a point to sit down and eat something that has all three macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates and fats).
In the past, I have attempted to make protein pancakes using protein powder, but the pancakes aways turn out too chewy or gummy or protein-powdery for my tastes.
This protein pancake recipe gets it right. Instead of protein powder, it uses egg whites and Greek yogurt. The addition of baking soda really helps to make these pancakes light and fluffy.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 or 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray and place skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl then add in wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter in the skillet.
- Cook until the edges of the pancake begin to harden. Flip once, cooking an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Top with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
Try this recipe out, and let me know what you think!
Question of the Day:
- What is your favorite breakfast food?