How’s your day going so far? We’re halfway through the workweek already!
Yesterday, I got to make a daytrip home to visit my family’s company AND get paid for it. It was great seeing my dad, and I left with some pretty sweet gifts…like my contacts! Hooray for contacts! I’ve been wearing my glasses this past week, because my left contact ripped when I took it out of the package. I think I’ve worn my glasses more in one week than I have in 12 years.
My morning started off with this awesome breakfast combo – pumpkin spice coffee with pumpkin spice cream and pumpkin oatmeal. Enough pumpkin for you?
I’m not really a fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. *Gasp!* Other than that, I can’t get enough pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin cookies…you name it, and I will love it!
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal is the best! You just need to nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds – 60 seconds, and you have a delicious breakfast. This is especially great for busy mornings when you’re in a hurry to get out the door.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (make your own using cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1.5 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-4 tbs agave syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl, and whisk the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the mixture into each tin. The tin should be pretty much filled to the top.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the top of the baked oatmeal no longer feels sticky.
- Let cool, then pop out of the muffin tin. Store in the refrigerator.
If you try these out, let me know if you liked them as much as I do!
Questions of the Day:
- What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? (If you don’t like pumpkin, what do you like?)
- Do you wear contacts or glasses?