Hello, hello! Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you all had a fun weekend!
Some of my weekend highlights:
- Cheering on my friend as she completed her 15th half marathon. What an accomplishment!!
- Eating a delicious omelet with sausage, green peppers and mushrooms at the Bread Basket Cafe & Bakery. Yum!
- Going to Barnes & Noble for the first time in forever (If you just thought of the song from Frozen when you read that, we should probably be best friends!) and buying some fun notepads, cards and books.
- Attending church with my family at Trader’s Point and doing a little shopping at Nordstrom Rack.
An experiment I’m starting…
Over the weekend, I picked up a copy of “It Starts with Food” by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. I’ve read quite a bit of it already and have found it very compelling. This book provides research addressing issues like eating well during the day but having post-dinner sugar cravings, eating more but still getting hungry and eating healthy but still gaining weight.
According to Dallas and Melissa and all of the other experts, eating Paleo will help you fix not only all of the problems above but also a huge variety of other health issues.
The food you eat either makes you more healthy or less healthy. Those are your options. -Dallas and Melissa Hartwig
The more I think about that statement and read the book, the more I agree with their theory. Think about it. If you are putting healthy, nutritional food into your body, it would make sense if you felt better and your organs operated better. If you eat artificial products and unhealthy foods, the opposite seems like it would be true.
Of course in any book, the authors will want you to side with their viewpoint. This is why I’ve decided to tackle the Whole30 to test it out for myself.
Bring on the Challenge
Now couldn’t be better timing to start the Whole30. Since being diagnosed with a stress fracture, I can’t workout like I usually do and definitely need to clean up my diet to prevent unwanted weight gain.
Each meal will have:
- Protein (1-2 palm size servings)
- Veggies (fill the plate)
- Fats (1-2 thumb size)
- Fruits (occasionally!)
I won’t be documenting my meals and daily updates here, but plan on sharing about once a week unless you’d like me to do otherwise! Let me know!
Have a magical day!
Questions of the Day:
- Have you ever participated in the Whole30? What is your favorite Paleo meal?
- What were your weekend highlights?