Good morning, everyone! I hope your Tuesday is off to a great start!
I did a few no-equipment YouTube workouts at home this morning, so I am feeling strong and mentally ready to go! I haven’t been working out lately because of my stress fracture, but I’ve found that I feel very sluggish. I am going to swim this week. No excuses! I have a few swim workouts to try and I bought a swimsuit, goggles and cap. So, I really have nothing holding me back.
Gratitude + Happiness
Do you ever feel frustrated about the way the events in your life are unfolding? If you occasionally do, I am with you 100 percent! Sometimes it feels like life just isn’t fair, and nothing is going my way (stress fracture, etc., etc.).
Over the weekend, I went home and attended church with my family. The theme was gratitude. We talked about happiness and gratitude. Apparently, the happiest people are people with who feel the most gratitude not the other way around. Being happy doesn’t make you thankful. Being thankful makes you happy.
I’m not an expert by any means, but I’ll leave you with that thought to think about!
My minister challenged us to write a thank you note to someone who we are grateful for. I still have to write mine!
No Cheese Cauliflower Pizza
Last night I made cauliflower pizza for dinner, and it is definitely my favorite cauliflower pizza to date! This cauliflower pizza crust was easy to slice and stayed in the shape of a pizza, unlike my previous cauliflower pizzas that were made with cheese instead of nutritional yeast.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- garlic powder
- marinara sauce
- toppings (I used mushrooms and turkey pepperoni.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop cauliflower and pulse in a food processor.
- Place finely-pulsed cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for three minutes.
- While cauliflower is being microwaved, mix the two eggs, 1 tbsp almond flour, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Drain cauliflower then slowly pour cauliflower into the egg mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spread pizza crust mixture onto greased stone and press into pizza shape.
- Bake crust for 25 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- Cover crust with marinara sauce and scatter toppings.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!