These soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are the perfect dessert to bake when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your friends. Enjoy them warm out of the oven or over the next few days for a delicious treat if they last that long!
Over the past few years, I’ve worked to perfect my signature chocolate chip cookie recipe. (That’s something I’ve always wanted to say… my “signature” recipe!) These cookies are thick, chewy and exactly what I want in a chocolate chip cookie. I’m not one to think highly of myself, but I prefer my chocolate chip cookies over almost any other chocolate chip cookie. So, that’s saying a lot!
Whether I use my KitchenAid Mixer or mix by hand, fold in dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet, these chocolate chip cookies always are delicious. I hope you and your family will give these a try! If you’ll be in the area, let me know. I’m happy to make a batch for you!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe will make about 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies. If that’s too many, you can easily cut it in half.
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1.25 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark, milk, or a combination)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and melt butter on the stove.
2. Combine the sugars in a bowl. Once the butter is completely melted, dump it into the bowl and stir, stir, stir to combine.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Stir just until it’s combined.
4. In a separate bowl (or not), mix just under 3 cups of flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
5. Dump dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir with a wooden or silicon spoon. If the mixture still looks very wet, add more flour.
6. When the flour is mostly combined, fold in your chocolate chips.
7. Use a small cookie scoop to put the cookies on a baking sheet. If you can wait, put the cookie sheet in the fridge for an hour.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes at 325 degrees or until the edges are golden.
9. Scoop the cookies onto a cooling rack.
What’s your favorite type of chocolate chip cookie? Do you prefer chewy cookies or more cake-like?